World-Class Garnet Blast Abrasives
Barton supplies high-performance garnet blast abrasives for a wide variety of blasting applications. The blast media from Barton comes in a variety of grades from Coarse through Fine to serve any industrial need.
Barton’s line of blast abrasives:
Barton 36 – Coarse
Barton XF – Special Purpose
Barton 30×40 – Intermediate
Barton 30×60 PLUS™ – Medium
Barton 80 Mesh – Medium Fine
Barton 100 HPA – Fine
Higher Productivity, Lower Costs
Garnet abrasives are harder, heavier and more durable than other blast abrasives. Barton’s range of garnet abrasives cut faster and recycle efficiently, significantly increasing productivity while reducing consumption of the abrasive media as well as the costs to handle it, collect it and dispose of it.
Superior Surface Quality
Blasting with garnet from Barton produces a clean surface virtually free of embedments, rogue peaks and troughs. Our blast media produces a clean substrate with a uniform surface profile that improves both coating adhesion and life.
Low Dusting, Safe to Use
A non-ferrous, 100% natural, inert mineral containing less than 1% free silica, Barton’s range of garnet abrasives poses little to no health or environmental risks. It produces less dust than other blasting media, improves operator visibility and reduces cleanup costs while minimizing the impact on adjoining work areas. Barton’s garnet abrasives meet all current industry standards and many grades are listed on the California Air Resources Board (CARB) approval for permissible dry outdoor blasting.
CAS number 1302-62-1, almandine and pyrope garnet.
Ready to Meet Your Needs
Whatever your industry or application, Barton’s sources ensure an ample supply of high-performance garnet abrasive. Quick response and on-time delivery are provided by Barton’s regional distribution centers strategically located nationwide.
- Used to remove thick coatings and marine fouling (20 – 50 mils) and rust
- Typically produces a 3.5 – 4.5 mil profile on steel surfaces
Barton XF – Special Purpose
- Used to remove thick or tough coatings (20+ mils)
- Typically delivers a 3.2+ mil profile on steel surfaces
- Used to remove heavier coatings (up to 40 mils) and rust while controlling profile
- Typically produces a 2.5 – 4.0 mil profile on steel surfaces
- “Workhorse” grade used for new steel and maintenance work on coatings up to 20 mils
- Typically produces a 2.0 – 3.5 mil profile on steel surfaces
- Used on aluminum and other sensitive substrates
- Typically produces a 2.0 – 3.0 mil profile on steel surfaces
- Used on aluminum, fiberglass and for removal of rust and mill scale on new steel
- An excellent low-dusting replacement for staurolite
- Typically produces a 1.0 – 2.5 mil profile on steel surfaces
All Barton blasting abrasives are QPL listed, Mil-Spec and CARB certified.
Profile depends on the substrate material, coating type and thickness, pressure at the nozzle and other factors. The proper grade of Barton blast media abrasive selected should be based on test results conducted under actual field conditions.