3/24/2020 We are pleased to advise that Barton remains open for business. As a manufacturer and distributor of garnet abrasives serving customers in a multitude of Essential Critical Industries, as defined by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Barton is considered an essential business under all state and federal standards.
As such, our manufacturing and distribution operations remain open, and are following CDC guidelines to ensure the health and safety of our workforce. Our office staff is working remotely to make sure that business continues without interruption.
The health and safety of our employees, customers and communities continue to be guiding principles at Barton, as is our responsibility to support the continued operation of all essential industries. We are committed to maintaining a secure supply of garnet abrasives and waterjet parts.
Please contact your Regional Sales Manager or our Customer Service Group if you have any questions.
R. Randolph Rapple
3/17/20. As concerns over COVID-19 continue to rise we would like to share information about how we’re handling this situation and its influence on business operations at Barton.
Barton has a business continuity plan in place, and we have taken measures to ensure operational effectiveness should circumstances intensify. As part of that plan, we believe it is important to share the following points with you:
- Our offices and warehouses are currently open for business. If this changes, we will let you know. However, we ask that you not visit if you have recently traveled to an affected region or if you do not feel well.
- Some of our employees may be working remotely during this time. Employees are prepared to work from other locations, have ready access to all pertinent files, and have the responsibility to respond to our business partners with the same timeliness as when they are in the office.
- We encourage our customers, employees and vendors to avoid in-person meetings whenever possible, as we have the tools and resources necessary to arrange for virtual meetings via phone or video conferencing.
We appreciate the trust you place in us and we want you to know that the health and safety of our customers, employees and vendors remains our top priority. As such, we are closely following the guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and other local and national health organizations. We continue to receive the most up-to-the-minute information and we’ve taken the following actions to date:
- We’ve increased the frequency of regularly scheduled cleanings and sanitation efforts across all our operations and distribution centers. Our independent warehouse partners have assured us they are taking the same precautions.
- All locations are conducting basic health checks to ensure that no one at risk of exposing others to illness enters our facilities.
- We continue to educate our employees on measures they can take to prevent and contain an infection if the virus reaches our communities or impacts their families.
We are confident in our ability to provide the quality and service you have come to expect from Barton without interruption while ensuring our employees remain healthy and safe. Our leadership team is closely monitoring the situation and will do all we can to protect you, our valued business partners, and our employees.
Charles H. Bracken
Chairman & CEO
Our warehouses are fully stocked and supply is secure.
3/10/20. In light of the questions we’ve received and the widespread publicity surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19), we want to reassure you that at this point we do not anticipate any delays or interruption in the supply of Barton abrasives and waterjet parts.
Our supply chain is secure and inventories at our nationwide warehouses are at normal levels. Production continues as always, and we expect to maintain the delivery commitments and customer responsiveness you’ve come to rely on.
We appreciate your continued use of Barton products, and want you to feel confident when doing business with us. If you have any questions, or are in need of technical support, we invite you to contact your sales representative or our main office at (800) 741-7756.
R. Randolph Rapple