Information We Collect
BARTON International (“BARTON”) collects various types of information from all of its customers including visitors to www.barton.com (the “Site”). BARTON’s web server collects general data pertaining to each Site visitor, including the IP address, the domain name, the web page, the length of time spent and the pages accessed while visiting this Site. This information is collected to, among other things, aggregate information from online and offline sources, facilitate system administration, improve the content of this Site, customize and improve the user experience for Site visitors and customers, and generally improve customer service. BARTON also collects personally identifiable and transactional information provided by companies and Site visitors that purchase products from the Site. This information includes shipping information, credit cardholder name and card number/expiration date. BARTON may also retain the content of the communications that are sent to Barton customer service representatives. This information helps BARTON to respond to inquiries regarding this Site.
Use of Information Collected
BARTON uses the information that is collected from Site visitors and customers to, among other things, better serve customers, improve the content of this Site, and customize the shopping experience for Site visitors and customers. BARTON may also use the information collected to notify Site visitors of changes to this Site, to notify Site visitors of new products, and for any other legitimate and lawful business purpose of BARTON. BARTON may choose to share information with third parties, such as suppliers, financial institutions, and third party service providers, and with any successor to BARTON’s interest. BARTON may disclose information about any Site visitor in response to subpoenas, investigative requests (with or without subpoena) and other legal process, to exercise BARTON’s legal rights and defend against legal claims.
BARTON Site security is a priority. BARTON continually reviews and updates the security methods implemented to protect information transmitted via this Site, including measures to secure and protect all personally identifiable information from loss, misuse, and alteration.
BARTON uses SSL encryption technology to provide for the security of vital information. BARTON, however, cannot guarantee that any electronic commerce is totally secure.
BARTON is dedicated to ensuring that your account remains secure. Learn more about the various ways to protect your www.barton.com account:
Keep Your User ID and Password Secure
To enhance your online safety, keep your personal information private:
- Never reveal your password to anyone
- Change your password periodically
- Protect Your Account from Online Fraud
- Often called “spoofing” or “phishing”, the most current methods of online fraud are fake emails, Web sites and pop-up windows, or any combination of these. Spoof emails are phony emails, which appear to have originated from a legitimate company. These phony emails ask you to go to a spoof Web site and provide your personal account information. To bait you, often these deceptive emails may allude to an urgent matter concerning your account.
- In many cases there is no easy way to determine that you are on a phony Web site because the URL may contain the name of the company it is spoofing. However, if you type, or cut and paste the URL into a new Web browser window and it does not take you to a legitimate Web site, or you get an error message, it was probably just a cover for a fake Web site.
- Delete suspicious emails without opening them. If you do open a suspicious email, never click on a link or open an attachment contained in the suspicious email.
- Do not provide your sensitive information by email or phone unless you initiated the contact.
When entering private information, confirm your security by looking for a closed lock on the Web page. Click on the lock icon to verify that the security certificate has been issued to www.barton.com.
- To report a suspicious email that uses BARTON’s name, immediately forward it to mis “at” barton.com. Please remember, however, that you are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your user IDs and passwords and absolute security on the Internet cannot be guaranteed.
Cookies and Other Technology Information
Unsubscribing from E-Mail Marketing
Each Site visitor can unsubscribe from receiving e-mails containing promotional offers from BARTON simply by sending a request indicating such desire to info “at” barton.com.
Third Party Links
This Site may be linked to other sites that are not owned, maintained or operated by BARTON and not subject to the same Privacy and other Policies. BARTON is not responsible for the content of those sites or the use of any information collected from you by those sites. The inclusion of any link to such sites does not imply any recommendation or sponsorship of such sites and BARTON disclaims any liability for links: (i) from another website to this Site, and (ii) to another website from this Site.
BARTON may update this policy from time to time. Please check the Site periodically for updates. Policy updates shall be effective the date the change is posted on the Site. Notice of any material changes in the manner in which BARTON handles personally identifiable information under this policy will be provided on the Site.